ADK P2P Resources

Military Education

Randles Veteran Resource Center (SUNY ADIRONDACK)

Located in the Student Center, the Randles Veteran Resource Center provides military students with study and recreation space, while providing a setting to meet and socialize with other veterans and service members. It also serves as an information hub where students can access veteran-specific materials relating to campus resources, VA benefits, community-based veterans organizations, and upcoming campus and community veterans events. The center is equipped with computers, printer, television, refrigerator, microwave, and a coffee maker for military students’ use.

Veterans Service/Education Benefits

Providing services to Veterans and dependents of Veterans has always been a concern of SUNY Adirondack. A New York State Veterans Benefits Advisor is available right on campus to work with students who have questions or need assistance in applying for Veteran Educational Benefits. Students can stop by the Randles Veteran Resource Center for assistance. Veteran Educational Claims are processed through the Office of the Registrar.

Veteran Services at SUNY Adirondack

For your convenience, there is a Full-Service Veterans Benefit Office on campus, located in the Randles Veteran Resource Center. Ruben Acevedo, our Veterans Benefits Advisor, wants to remind all student Veterans and eligible family members, that he can assist with a wide-range of Veteran Services. Here are just a few:

  • Assistance with applying for educational benefits, and other Veteran benefits
  • Assistance with completing applications for compensation (service-connected disabilities) or pension (non-service-connected disability)
  • Assistance with completing applications for VA Health Care
  • Request Veteran’s separation records (DD 214) and Medical records
  • Assist survivors of a deceased Veteran in obtaining death benefits such as burial in a national cemetery, burial allowances, government grave marker and survivor benefits

In addition to the above, the following information on other Veterans benefits is also provided:

  • Veterans can now obtain a Veterans ID Card (VIC) for use as proof of military service in lieu of using a DD 214. Go to Vets.Gov and click on “Apply for printed Veteran ID Card”.

CDTA is now providing Half-Fare cards to Veterans. Go to CDTA.Org for details.

No expiration date on the Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefit. Service members whose last day of Active Duty is on or after January 1, 2013 and Fry Scholarship recipients who become eligible on or after January 1, 2013 no longer have a delimiting date (their Post-9/11 GI Bill will never expire).

Are you aware that VA has a home loan program?

Did you know that Veterans can receive a Property Tax Exemption?

Were you aware that you could receive additional monies for your dependents if you are receiving service-connected compensation?